Skilled foresters = better forests
The bilateral project aims to contribute to the improvement of the current situation with making input to the creation of critical mass of the foresters with new thinking, achieving the project main goal.
GOAL OF THE PROJECT is to (i) increase competences, particularly practical knowledge and skills of forestry practitioners and forestry students in multifunctional close to nature forest management approaches and tools, (ii) establish training environment and develop the watershed condition assessment tool as well as (iii) expand the potential of foresters in forest related environmental education in Carpathian region of Ukraine using USFS experience and expertise.
- US Foresrt Service International Programme
- NGO Agency for sustainable development of the Carpathian region FORZA
Project duration: August 2016 – November 2018
Financial support is provided by the United States Department of Agriculture Foresrt Service International Programme
The project activities consist of 4 working packages with total 16 activities:
- WP 1. Capacity building of the foresters and student on multifunctional forest management and close to nature silviculture.
- WP 2. Promotion of the watershed management approach in Ukrainian Carpathians using the adjusted and tested USFS Watershed Classification and Assessment Tracking Tool.
- WP 3. Expanding the potential of foresters in forest related environmental education for children, youth and general public in Carpathian region of Ukraine.
- WP 4. Project management, collaboration, internal evaluation and reporting.