Tricolor is a tripartite collaboration for increased use of biomass for sustainable heat or electricity production.
The project aims at the strengthening of existing and the establishment of new networks for a sustainable utilization of forest-based biomass through transnational cooperation and exchange of knowledge and best practices. Tricolor is a threelateral project between partners:
- Energikontor Sydost (Regional Energy Agency for Southest Sweden)
- NGO Agency for sustainable development of the Carpathian region FORZA
- Tartu Regional Energy Agency TREA (Estonia)
- Unfolded and coordinated existing regional capacities in order to increasingly use the available biomass potentials of forests, short rotation or industry.
- Increased transfer of knowhow and experience across the regions in fields of common interest along the value chain.
- Strengthened multi-actor interregional network across the partner regions.
Project duration: 01 June 2019 - 30 November 2020
Financial support is provided by the Swedish Insistute Baltic Sea Cooperation Programme.
- Identify and compile regional and joint contact database of experts in fields of common interest along the value chain
- Identify and document best practice examples of current bioenergy use in each partner region
- Conduct benchmarking visits to partner regions and match making workshops
- Discuss and document a draft stakeholder cooperation mechanism beyond the project life