- Energikontor Sydost (Regional Energy Agency for Southest Sweden)
- NGO Agency for sustainable development of the Carpathian region FORZA
Project duration: 01 December 2016 – 31 March 2018
Total budget: EUR 22100,00
Financial support is provided by the Swedish Insistute Baltic Sea Cooperation Programme.
The first aim of the project is to promote a sustainable supply chain management practice that meets highest environmental quality and financial viability standards and targets various actors operating in the chain e.g. local biomass suppliers, energy producers and financial sector players, in order to
- mobilise more biomass,
- maximise the share of sustainable bioenergy in the final energy consumption and
- reduce the transaction costs for further market uptake.
The second aim of the TCP project is to build cross-border cooperation for experience exchange for various actions to foster certain value chains for bioenergy.
The Secvalchain project and the Carpathian region will be included as a special additional model region in the EU project SecureChain.
The project meets the challenge for securing more and sustainable supplies of bioenergy for long-term investment for local market uptake. To contribute to increased understanding of conditions for the local supply chain, best practice exchange and facilitation for investments, the project will:
- Collect a regional profile of the bioenergy sector in the Carpathian region (baseline data, market & actors, SWOT)
- Identifying and documentation of 2-3 company case studies (best practice examples) of current bioenergy use in each partner region (Carpathia and Småland)
- Carry out 1-2 enterprise checks and data collection for LCA and/or certification and recommenda-tions for improvement options