ROSEWOOD4.0: EU network of Regions On SustainablE WOOd mobilization ready for Digitalization
ROSEWOOD4.0 is designed to enhance and enlarge the well-established ROSEWOOD network connecting actors of the wood mobilisation value-chain starting from forest owners to relevant regional authorities up to forestry and wood-based industries, to address and find answers for the main challenges in the forestry domain, especially the sustainable wood mobilisation.
ROSEWOOD4.0 focuses on tailored (user- and region-specific) transfer of know-how and information that enables and supports stakeholders of the wood value-chain to exploit innovations and best-practices and facilitate the capture of innovative ideas enhancing the development of the field.
Twenty one organization from 18 European countries are involved in the project.
1. STEINBEIS INNOVATION GGMBH (SIG), Germany (Coordinator)
2. INNOVAWOOD ASBL (IW), Belgium
3. EUROPEAN FOREST INSTITUTE (EFI), Finland
4. HOLZCLUSTER STEIERMARK GMBH (HCS), Austria
5. CENTRE NATIONAL DE LA PROPRIETE FORESTIERE (CNPF), France
6. BERNER FACHHOCHSCHULE (BFH), Switzerland
7. MINISTERIUM FÜR KLIMASCHUTZ, UMWELT, LANDWIRTSCHAFT, NATUR- UND VERBRAUCHERSCHUTZ DES LANDES NORDRHEIN-WESTFALEN (FBZ), Germany
8. CENTAR KOMPETENCIJA DOO ZA ISTRAZIVANJE I RAZVOJ (CEKOM), Croatia
9. GOZDARSKI INSTITUT SLOVENIJE (SFI), Slovenia
10. CLUSTER VIOENERGEIAS KAI PERIVALLONTOS DYTIKIS MAKEDONIAS (CLUBE), Greece
11. FUNDACION CENTRO DE SERVICIOS Y PROMOCION FORESTAL Y DE SU INDUSTRIA DE CASTILLA Y LEON (CESEFOR), Spain
12. AIEL ASSOCIAZIONE ITALIANA ENERGIE AGROFORESTALI (AIEL), Italy
13. INSTITUTO SUPERIOR DE AGRONOMIA (ISA), Portugal
14. FORZA, AGENCY FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF THE CARPATHIAN REGION NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION (FORZA), Ukraine
15. SIEC BADAWCZA LUKASIEWICZ - INSTYTUT TECHNOLOGII DREWNA (ITD), Poland
16. ASOCIATIA KO-FA (KO-FA), Romania
17. NARODNE LESNICKE CENTRUM (NFC), Slovakia
18. LAPIN AMMATTIKORKEAKOULU OY (LUAS), Finland
19. LUONNONVARAKESKUS (LUKE), Finland
20. THE PAPER PROVINCE EKONOMISK FOERENING (PP), Sweden
21. TRETORGET AS (TRETORGET), Norway
PROJECT DURATION: January 2020 – December 2021
TOTAL BUDGET: EUR 2 047 901.25
PROJECT WEBSITE: www.rosewood-network.eu
ROSEWOOD4.0 is a two-year Coordination and Support Action, funded by the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 programme under the RUR 2019 Call “Thematic networks compiling knowledge ready for practice”, under grant number 862681.
ROSEWOOD4.0, by building on ROSEWOOD results, aims also to provide practitioners with development skills (educational and entrepreneurial) and facilitate organisational innovations leading to novel exploitation actions leveraging the uptake of new ideas and Best Practices in daily business.
ROSEWOOD4.0 will address ‘digitalisation’ as transversal theme by developing digital dissemination and trainings tools supporting practitioners to implement best practices (platforms, trainings, webinars, practice abstracts, operational groups, etc.) but also aiming at connecting stakeholders in an open-innovation environment. These actions will contribute to an economically viable and sustainable development in rural areas towards the enhancement of the EU Bioeconomy.
The project’s co-ordination and support actions will be implemented via Wood Mobilisation Regional Hubs located within 5 communities across Europe providing greater opportunities for forestry and wood-using industries to align their activities with local and regional development plans.
Five Regional Wood Mobilisation Hubs connect multiple actors along the forest value
chain to reinforce the sustainability of wood mobilization in Europe:
Finland, Sweden, Norway, Baltic countries, Denmark
Germany, Belgium, France, Switzerland, Austria
CENTRAL-EAST EUROPE (FORZA led)
Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Ukraine
Spain, Italy, Portugal, South of France
Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Slovenia
HUB OBJECTIVES AND ACTIVITIES
• Grouped geographically and with common conditions
• Share best practices and innovations at regional scale
• Inter-hub exchange and learning at European scale
THIS ACTION IS
- especially reinforcing and widening the links with the East-European regions by creating a new Eastern Hub and inviting new countries, and
- putting a new focus on digital solutions, tools, and corresponding knowledge transfer actions boosting the sustainability of wood mobilisation solutions in Europe.
ROSEWOOD4.0 actions target the following:
- Assure the commitment and involvement of all relevant actors by taking their needs into account;
- Give maximum of market information to all relevant stakeholders in a timely and transparent manner;
- Encourage flow of information and exchange of good practices notably between EU regions;
- Provide transfer of knowledge on new information technologies to stakeholders in the supply chain by target oriented trainings concept;
- Improve the knowledge base on forests ecosystems and their services, by harmonising data collection and dissemination among EU-regions;
- Take into account local and regional conditions on resources, market, infrastructures, equipment, etc. and adapt measures as appropriate;
- Design policy measures proportional to the intended objectives and make them easy to implement; and
- Foster business development and market uptake cases ready for further exploitation.